Friday, January 20, 2012

Back on the Horse

So, I’ve clearly been a really terrible blogger. I could sit here and give you a list of excuses, but I won’t. The only thing I can say is that I’ve been busy BUT the reality of the situation is that I’m always going to be busy so the only solution is to try and be better about finding time to stay on top of this. Because yes, I know, there is no point in having a blog if I don’t intend to keep it up to date. So this is my attempt of getting back on the horse as they say, and starting fresh!

I figure the best way to start of is to give a quick holiday recap. I know it’s late, but January isn’t quite over yet so I figure it’s not completely appalling to still be talking about the holidays! This holiday season was spent as it should be, with family and friends. My brother was in town from Austin for a week for the first time since LAST Christmas! It is insane and should be illegal to go that long without coming home so he has vowed to some how find a way to make more trips back East. Thankfully with cell phones and Facebook we are able to stay updated on each others lives and remember what one another looks like, but there is nothing better than spending quality face to face time. With Christmas on a weekend, I worked the entire week, so since Zach got in on Thursday night he came into Hoboken on Friday to FINALLY see where I live and to spend some QT time with his only favorite big sister. I couldn’t have asked for a better evening! We go to spend time together just us, which doesn’t happen often enough and then met up with some of my friends, his friends and mutual friends. He loved my apartment, of course, and I feel better now that he finally has a real picture in his head of where I live. As most siblings do our age we bonded while drinking, dancing and of course, laughing.

Christmas was spent as always at our house with our aunt and uncle and our neighbors across the street that are as close to family to us as you can get. They have 6 year old twin girls who helped to make Christmas magical again as we went over their house the night before to help “Santa” get ready for the next morning. I’ll always remember how wonderful it was to come downstairs Christmas morning to see all the goodies that Santa had spoiled us with. It was a real trip seeing it produced from the other side! Christmas day was spent opening presents, eating tons of yummy food and with lots and lots of music! As I’ve bragged before my brother is a very talented musician and of course goes NOWHERE without his guitar. Our neighbor David plays the guitar a little as well so we all gathered in the living room around the tree and listened as Zach and David jammed together, and Caleigh, one of the twins had an impromptu dance party behind them.

I’m pretty sure she had a tiny crush on Zach so she made sure he couldn’t see her! The minute he turned around she started giggling, blushing and running away. But I caught her giving him some cute hugs through out the night so I guess she didn’t let her crush get the best of her! At one point I couldn’t help but look around the room at everyone laughing, singing and smiling and thinking to myself….Who the hell are we?!?!?!?! As corny as it may seem it was absolutely P.E.R.F.E.C.T.  After Christmas I was lucky enough to take a few days off work and spend some extra time at home with my family and brother. Here's a little sibling photo shoot for ya!

As quickly as Christmas came and went, so did New Years Eve. I spent New Years Eve at a party at Carries house with tons of great friends. On Monday morning I woke up with my own New Years Miracle! After partying at Carrie’s house a bunch of us went to a bar. Somehow between her house and the bar I managed to drop my wallet! I hadn’t noticed until I got home because I didn’t spend any money at the bar (it’s pretty great being a girl sometimes!). So at 3:30 in the morning I’m panicking but finally decided there was nothing I could do about it now. I’d call the bar in the morning and go back to Carries house to be sure it wasn’t there. Well, at 8:30am my apartment buzzer went off. Usually, we don’t answer it unless we know someone is coming since people press our apartment on accident allll the time. But for some reason I decided to answer it. GOOD THING I DID! Some guy found my wallet while walking home at 2:30am in the morning and since there was no number in it (it was my “going” out wallet so it just had my I.D. and debit card), his lovely wife decided to walk to my apartment to return it! She was so lovely and started my year off on the right foot! I hope Karma is good to her!

The holidays were filled with lots of family, friends and love as they should be! To top it all off, one of my oldest and best friends Sally got engaged and two of my closest college friends, Kendayl and Mike got engaged as well! All in all, it looks like 2012 is off to a promising start. I hope the holidays treated you all wonderfully as well. Cheers to the New Year, (and being a better blogger)!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this post! I am happy you had such a great holiday and you got your wallet back, how nice. xoxo

    ReplyDelete